- Udhaiyam Orid Dhall – 1 cup
- Chopped curry leaves – 1 Tsp
- Chopped Green chili – 1 Tsp
- Chopped coconut pieces – 1 Tsp
- Black pepper – 1 Tsp
- Salt – 1 Tbsp
- Wash and soak Udhaiyam orid Dhall for 4-5 hours.
- Grind the soaked dhall without adding water. If required add 2 tbsp of water so that its consistency is thick.
- Add all the ingredients in the batter like salt, chopped curry leaves, chopped green chili, chopped coconut and black pepper and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, apply water on hand and prepare medu vada in a round shape with a hole in the centre and deep fry.
- Make it golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with coconut chutney and sambar.